Wednesday 16 September 2009

What really grinds my gears.



Hi, I'm Peter Griffin. And you know what really grinds my gears? Flip flops. Let me tell you why. Because these are the lazy-mans choice of footwear. And as my counterpart Nikki knows, shoes are all. The change in seasons is upon us, there is a definite chill in the air. And if yesterdays downpour taught us anything, its that appropriate footwear is all. So why, oh why dear Londoners, were you still out in force this morning, in your coats and scarves with your pale pinkies still out on show? This is completely innapropriate! Remedy immediately.

If you are really stuck over what I'm trying to tell you, I give you three helpful questions on the subject. These are the three cardinal rules of flip-flops. Three questions you should ask yourself before stepping out the house in your plastic monstrosities.

1. Are you on a beach on holiday?
2. Have you just had a pedicure?
3. Do you actually refer to them as thongs, and are therefore Australian?

If the answer to all three is no, then you have no excuse. But if you think that Uggs are the answer then you will just have to wait until next weeks installment.

See you then.

(Image: Thom Browne SS10 from Jak and Jil)

No comments:

Post a Comment