Tuesday 13 January 2009

130109 - Shiny Happy Feet!

Unfortunately my week didn't start out quite as I'd hoped. The agency interview went great, the Lady who interviewed me turned out to have been at my primary school so all nerves were instantly banished. However, when I turned up at my temping job, I was told I wasn't needed and that I should go home, and in the afternoon was called to be told they had no more work for me. I allowed myself a momentary wallow (and a little screaming session in my car when I found out I'd lost one of my favourite earrings), but have signed myself up for another role starting tomorrow. It is still only temporary, but doesn't require the use of public transport, getting up before its light or wearing a uniform. So perhaps they did me a favour.


There are more important things in life anyways, such as shoes! Shiny shoes! Above is my Chrismukkah present to myself. A lovely pair of supershiny black Gucci flats, purchased for a bragainous price in the Selfridges sale. It took me under five minutes to snap them up, love at first sight! This year I intend to try and steer clear of highstreet bling, and will try and opt for classic, well made purchases. Hopefully when my job situation becomes more stable, I will be able to start adding further to my collection, but I don't think this was a bad start!

No comments:

Post a Comment